users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Must the enterprise proyect have same version of jdk that the glassFish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:21:44 PDT

>If my glassFish server runs under jdk 1.5_x, can i develop a Java EE proyect in netbeans
> under jdk 1.6_x, or must my proyect have the same version of jdk that my application
> server??

No, there's no problem to develop with jdk1.6 and run with jdk1.5. You just have to set "Source Level" in project properties, sources tab, just above the OK button, to match the jdk version of your app server.

> I think that both must have the same version, but i donĀ“t know if i will have problems for it.

Not really, as the server will refuse to load the archive compiled with a source level higher that its version of Java. Of course, that might be considered a problem ;-)
[Message sent by forum member 'fvu' (fvu)]