users@glassfish.java.net

Configuring Login from a stand alone JEE client to GF2

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 21:05:07 PDT

I am trying to learn how to log on to my GF2 server from a stand alone client application. (By stand alone I mean I have included the necessary GF JAR's with the client application to be able to get the initial context and look up my session ejb's on the server while running outside the ACC.)

What I would like to achieve is
1) A login module that does not extend any glassfish login modules.
2) To configure a server realm which uses a separate LDAP server to retrieve authentication information.

My question is simply, -is this possible? It seems like it ought to be, but reading the glassfish documentation made me think it is not.

If this is possible, does anyone know of documentation covering this, including exactly how to inform the GF configuration files correctly.
[Message sent by forum member 'jbsmathers' (jbsmathers)]