users@glassfish.java.net

Re: resource injection doesn't seem to be working...

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 02:22:55 PDT

Hi,

using the resource directly is not a very good way to do things in my opinion. I like the indirection the local JNDI name and the mapped name gives me.

I tried using both name and mappedName. I even tried declaring both the name in the web.xml and the mappedName in the sun-web.xml to have everything covered but it didn't work.

In my opinion, the web.xml and sun-web.xml should be injected with the values during the deployment and I should not have to do it myself. But, when I inspected both deployment files of the deployed application in the admin console, no injection had happened. I don't know if this is because it's normal and not the way the injection is working or if the injection should take place and didn't.

greets
jeremie
[Message sent by forum member 'granat' (granat)]