users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Accessing Persistence Unit from a WAR in an EAR - not working

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 00:27:15 PDT

Hi Marina,

Thanks for the reply. A couple of observations:

1. As I mentioned I am putting the entities in an ejb-jar because of a limitation with IntelliJ (which won't allow a plain <java> jar file in an EAR.) This is why DoEntities.jar has a TokenEjb class: Glassfish won't load an ejb-jar which has no EJBs in it.

According to the docs, everything in lib/* should be shared by all EAR modules, including EJBs. But to make sure that wasn't the problem I tested the exact same configuration without TokenEjb.class and with <java> modules in application.xml. Same problem.

2. The jndi name is correct. To test, I have removed the web app, and the app deploys, and the PU connects correctly properly.

Thanks,
Benjamin
[Message sent by forum member 'br_31' (br_31)]