users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JMS ResourceAdapter client - turn off logging

From: Sivakumar Thyagarajan <Sivakumar.Thyagarajan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:45:02 +0530

Hi

As of today, unfortunately, the banner that you see being logged and
other information being logged by the RA is spread out of multiple
loggers and hence there is no clean way to turn off JMS logging in the
standalone alone JMS client/appclient. Here is a workaround:

- edit $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/logging.properties. Set the global default
logger level to WARNING.
.level= WARNING
and the informational messages would not be logged in the console.

Unfortunately this would only log WARNING and above messages on all
loggers in the VM.

The OpenMQ team is looking at fixing this and we should have the banner
and other JMSRA output not showing up in future promotions.

Thanks
--Siva.