users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Please help me verify this security bug

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:50:14 PDT

OK, I'm sure you're right, and I can't see this bug being in place without loads of people commenting, which they are not. At the same time, fully un-installed Glassfish to give myself a clean base, and then fresh installed both Glassfish (SJAS 9.0) and Tomcat (6.0). Simply loading the war into both servers Tomcat does demand authentication properly, Glassfish does not. Fresh installs, no other changes. Since clearly everyone is not seeing this same behavior, it must be something unique to my system, as it's not the build.

I'm using...
SJAS 9.0 (latest stable build)
Java 1.6.0_01
Vista 64 (ultimate)

As I have confirmed the behavior on a fresh install, and Tomcat does react properly, it has to be some combination of things in my environment. Is it Vista? Is it Java 1.6?

Anybody have a setup they can confirm this on?
[Message sent by forum member 'dberkman' (dberkman)]