users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Sun Application Platform SDK

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 22:23:06 -0400

Hi,

We have plans to roll out a product in August. We would like to be able
to tell the client that we are using beta 3 of "Sun Java Application
Server 9.1" and that they can buy support for if necessary (after FCS).

What I like about the application platform SDK is that it comes with a
Windows installer, Access Manager, sets up a Windows service, etc. The
current preview has a couple of bugs that affect our application. I
have found ways to work around them, but prefer not to use it in
production. I'm pretty sure that the bugs were fixed in a later build.

We've recently removed the dependency on Access Manager, so we could
probably install Glassfish Beta 3 on the production server. We just need
to test our application on beta 3 and make sure that a Windows service
can be configured.

Is there or will there be a setup program similar to Sun Java
Application Platform SDK that does not come with the "SDK" stuff such as
blue prints, your first cup, sample source code, etc... that is meant
for production servers?

Thanks,
Ryan