users@glassfish.java.net

RE: throw a dog a bone

From: Kenneth Clark <kenneth_at_rabiddog.co.za>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 17:06:27 +0200

Legend thanks :-)

Kenneth Clark
System Architect / Lead Developer

Rabid Dog Laboratories T
Putting the art back into development

tel: +27 11 475 7409
mobile: +27 82 500 5090
e-mail: kenneth_at_rabiddog.co.za
website: http://www.rabiddog.co.za/

  _____

From: Mahesh.Kannan_at_Sun.COM [mailto:Mahesh.Kannan_at_Sun.COM]
Sent: 02 July 2007 17:01
To: users_at_glassfish.dev.java.net
Cc: sjsas-security-team_at_Sun.COM
Subject: Re: throw a dog a bone

On Jul 2, 2007, at 6:23 AM, Kenneth Clark wrote:

This is probably the 7th time I have raised this and I never get feedback.

When setting up auth requirements for EJBs you are required to create a
sun-ejb-jar.xml file and manually enter each and every single bean that you
want to authenticate with <auth-method>. Maybe @AuthType or something
similar?

Would it not be smarter to implement some form of annotation to handle this?
I mean, 67 beans inside an XML file is a monster when it comes to
maintenance. Are there any plans for this to be included at some stage?

I have forwarded this question to another team . You should get a response
shortly

Thanks

Kenneth Clark
System Architect / Lead Developer

Rabid Dog Laboratories T
Putting the art back into development

tel: +27 11 475 7409
mobile: +27 82 500 5090
e-mail: <mailto:kenneth_at_rabiddog.co.za> kenneth_at_rabiddog.co.za
website: <http://www.rabiddog.co.za/> http://www.rabiddog.co.za/