users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish related files, dirs under /var/tmp

From: Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 11:59:03 -0400

Yeah, it does seem like the underlying OS does not allow the
UploadServlet to write bits to the particular file path. The
UploadServlet code uses the temp dir from
AdminService.getAdminService().getTempDirPath() and the archive name to
construct the file path.
For the earlier posts on this thread, seems if the temp dir is removed,
the write is allowed. It's the write on the existing temp dir that's
causing the problem. Can we open up the permission on the temp dir and
try to deploy and see whether it makes a difference?