users@glassfish.java.net

RE: JSF Questions

From: <jacob_at_hookom.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 12:25:46 -0400

btw, this might be useful too:

http://gceclub.sun.com.cn/java_one_online/2005/TS-3364/ts-3364.pdf

---
Given JSF is distributed as part of glassfish, I guess the question is
appropriate here. Is there a forum/newsgroup/mailing list that is well
supported and deals with JSF questions?
My question:
I have run through the Netbeans tutorial for JSF framework introduction plus
the validation and conversion tutorial. It was a pretty useful tutorial, but
it left me wanting. To be fair, it exposed me to:
- Managed Beans and how to reference them in a JSP.
- Configuring Navigation in the Faces-config.xml.
- Validation.
- Conversion.
- Some of the convenience features of Netbeans.
All very useful, but stuff I already feel comfortable with. What I can't
seem to find is where I put the code that initiates my business logic.
Having done a ton of development in Struts, I am looking for something
equivalent to an Action.execute. Where do you put your entry points into the
business logic? The okay, now that I have all my data from the JSP form, I
need to do something useful with it code. Surely not the managed bean? Is
there an equivalent to the Action.execute from struts in JSF?
I have done lots of searches and have looked in the JEE5 Tutorial, but
nothing is jumping out as equivalent.
I am currently not using VWP, nor do I want to at the moment. If it matters,
I am using Netbeans 5.5.1 to develop apps to run on SJAS Version 9 update 1
patch 1.
Thanks,
ITVGuy2000