users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Getting started with V3 preview

From: Abhijit Kumar <Abhijit.Kumar_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 18:51:14 -0700

Hello,

It is very good to know that you are considering GlassFish V3 for your
future needs.

Unfortunately there is no easy way to enable admin console and JMS in
GlassFish V3 (the slightly harder way is to write some code to create
new HK2 modules for those two components and their dependencies).

However, there is some good news. We are getting closer to GlassFish V2
release (see schedule
<http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=Milestones>) and as the
work on V2 release tapers down, some developers will start moving to
development of V3.

For now a very minimal plan for V3 is at following location --
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=PlanForGlassFishV3

Please check the wiki in a few weeks for more information. Jerome Dochez
or I will respond to this thread when the wiki is updated.

Thanks,