users@glassfish.java.net

Sun App Server 9.0_01 (build b14) Deployment (undeploy) problems

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 11:31:44 PDT

Hi all,

I apologize for this long post but I want to provide as much info as possible.

I have this ongoing problem deploying my application. The app server is unable to completely delete the previously deployed files. It goes into a series of timeout loops saying it is running the gc to try and free up resources. The files that can't be deleted are all in the web application's lib folder. I tried deleting them manually while waiting for the app server timeout loop and indeed each one is busy and can't be deleted. None of the files here are my code. The files are all in the folder:

domain1\applications\j2ee-apps\TS5529\U04A1_war\WEB-INF\lib

and the files are: appbase.jar, commons-fileupload.jar, dataprovider.jar, errorhandler.jar, jsfcl.jar, json2.jar, rowset.jar, sqlx.jar, webui-jsf.jar, webui-jsf-suntheme.jar

I have made sure destroy() method in my SessionBean nulls out any resources used, even variables containing injected EJBs but the problem remains.

The application is a NetBeans Enterprise application with a couple of Session Beans, Entity classes and Entity Facades. The presentation is JSF with Visual Web Pack and consists of two simple pages. The SessionBean holds a reference to a Stateful Bean and 4 variables each containing a custom ListDataProvider for JSF tables data binding. The SessionBean destroy method sets all of these variables to null.

The first page backing bean does most of the work. It accesses the SFSB and DataProviders through the SessionBean. This page includes four EJB injections like this:

    @EJB AuthorFacadeLocal af;
    @EJB PublisherFacadeLocal pf;
    @EJB SearchDBLocal sDB;
    @EJB TitleFacadeLocal tf;

and a variable holding an empty, unmanaged Entity object. I tried setting all of these to null in the page's destroy() method, which I don;t think I need to do.

Is there a problem with these injections in the page's backing bean?? I've been at this for about a week, trying various ways to make sure resources are freed but the problem still there. The only solution is to stop the app server and then deploy. Needless to say, it is a pain having to stop the app server every time I need to deploy.

Hope someone has seen this and can help, thanks in advance.

O.
[Message sent by forum member 'orbach' (orbach)]