users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Once again -> Glassfish vs. JBoss

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:22:56 -0400

Thanks, I understand what you are talking about. I'm very excited about
Java EE 6 and have a large project that requires the new EJB timer
functionality, JSF 2.0 and WebBeans. Other EJB 3.1 features might also
be helpful. I'm just hoping that I don't have to wait 2 years to work
with it (1 year until final release, and 1 year for vendors to adopt it).

An other option is to use different open source technologies such as
JBoss Seam until Java EE 6. I haven't looked much into the equivalent
of an EJB timer that is cluster aware and does cron-like scheduling.

Thanks,
Ryan