users@glassfish.java.net

Calling an EJB from a SOAP Handler

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 02:10:33 PDT

Hello,

I have the following problem. I developed an enterprise Application using Glassfish and netbeans 5.5.1. I also created a Web Service and I need to process the SOAP message so I created a SOAP Handler. All is working but now I need to call an EJB from the SOAP Handler and I can't use injection. I used the netbeans wizard to call the EJB and I obtain the following code:

private ReceivedMessageFacadeRemote lookupReceivedMessageFacade() {
        try {
            Context c = new InitialContext();
            return (ReceivedMessageFacadeRemote) c.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/ReceivedMessageFacade");
        }
        catch(NamingException ne) {
            Logger.getLogger(getClass().getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,"exception caught" ,ne);
            throw new RuntimeException(ne);
        }
    }

Using this code doesn't work. Probably I have to add some information in some deployment descriptor but I don't know. Is there someone able to solve this problem?

Thank you very much in advance.
Giordano
[Message sent by forum member 'giordano48' (giordano48)]