users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JSF's JspException: Component ID has already been used in the view

From: Ryan Lubke <Ryan.Lubke_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:35:34 -0700

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hello,
> We're developing a large JSF-based app with custom .tag on glassfishV1/AS9.0.1 and our team is having an extremely hard time dealing with JspException: Component ID has already been used in the view.
> They seem to pop-up randomly and even if we go through the trouble of setting an id for every single JSF component on that page, sometimes we still get this error...

There was a known issue with .tag files and JSF 1.2, but it has been
addressed in a later release (1.2_04).
I would suggested obtaining the GlassFish updater for the latest JSF
release which can be obtained here:
https://javaserverfaces.dev.java.net. There is a download button in the
upper-right hand portion of the page.