users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Newly deployed web application can be accessed from another virtual server if without restart glassfish.

From: Tom Shi <tmshi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 13:19:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jan;

The asadmin script sequences as you described works as expected.

But Admin GUI deployment still have the same issue as I mentioned.

Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM wrote: Tom,

Tom Shi wrote:

> I created another virtual server, for example mytest6, with port
> number of 18080. Deployed the hello.war only to the mytest6.
>
> The hello web application can be accessed from both 18080 and 8080.
> Hello app should not be accessed from port 8080.
>
> After reboot the glassfish, now from 8080 could not access the hello
> application.
>
> During deploy the hello.war, Admin GUI did not warn to restart the server.

No restart should be required for this.

I'm unable to reproduce any issue when using the CLI (haven't tried the
admin gui yet).

After issuing these commands:

  asadmin create-virtual-server --hosts myhost myvs
  asadmin create-http-listener --listenerport 12345 --defaultvs myvs
--listeneraddress 0.0.0.0 mylistener
  asadmin deploy --virtualservers myvs test.war

I can access the webapp at the listener associated with myvs:

  telnet localhost 12345
  GET /test/test.txt HTTP/1.0

When trying to access the webapp at my domain's http-listener-1:

  telnet localhost 1024
  GET /test/test.txt HTTP/1.0

I get a 404, as expected.

Can you try the above steps and confirm they work for you?

Jan