users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish startup lifecycle

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:58:36 PDT

> In the case of MDBs and EJB Timers, our
> implementation does not deliver these callbacks
> until
> the entire application has been initialized.

Does that include the ServletListeners or are they started after the "application" is initialized. Part of the problem is the vocabulary involved here (no doubt lacking on my end). WARs are "web applications" for example, so "application" is kind of overloaded.

So, to be specific, are the ServletListeners fired before the Timers and MDBs? Is that a spec thing or an implementation guarantee provided by Glassfish, and thus not a portable assumption?

Thanx again.
[Message sent by forum member 'whartung' (whartung)]