users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish V3 gives HTTP Status 503 Service Unavailable

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:28:23 -0400

Hi,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi Jean-Francois,
>
> I am not able to test drive this grizzly. It starts up fine but then it errors as below:
> java -cp C:\drivers\postgresql-8.2-505.jdbc3.jar -jar jruby-on-grizzly\jruby-1.5-SNAPSHOT.jar 8080 C:/jruby/myapp/ 1 true
>
> Jun 12, 2007 2:52:02 PM com.sun.grizzly.standalone.StaticResourcesAdapter
> INFO: Servicing page from: C:\jruby\myapp\public
> The driver encountered an error: cannot load Java class org.postgresql.Driver
> ---------- I tried copying the driver jar into $jruby_home/lib, $myapp/lib, myapp/lib/java, it didn't help.
>
> Let me know, how i includ ethe driver jar in the classpqth: I'll to try to run it with the new grizzly.

I see :-) This is a bug in Grizzly 1.5 bundle, as the classpath is
defined inside the MANIFEST. As a workaround, you can unzip the
jruby-1.5.jar, add the jars inside the Manifest, and re-jar the file.
Not perfect :-) I will fix the issue in 1.5.2 :-) But before that, v3
will start running on 1.5.x and I will make sure the number of runtime
is configurable.

Thanks!!!

-- Jeanfrancois