users@glassfish.java.net

Question about web service deployment

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:29:13 +0200

Hi group,

Recently I have been involved in a project that uses web services to have
several services communicate with each other. Several of the web services have
the same code and in order not to have duplicate code we put all the shared code
in a separate jar.
This jar file is put into the lib dir of the domain that we deploy the web
services to and then Glassfish (actually it is the Sun App server shipped with
NetBeans EntPack 5.5) is started up. When we then deploy the project the wsgen
stage fails being unable to resolve the classes in the jar file we put in the
lib dir.
When we put the jar in the lib dir of the app server everything works fine. Is
this intentional? We would expect it to be sufficient to put the jar in the
domains lib dir since this is code that is not needed by other domains. Would
anyone please explain this behaviour?

Thanks in advance.

Wouter van Reeven

--
People: "If she weighs the same as a Duck, she's made of wood!"
Sir Bedevere: "And therefore...?"