users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Application Client Web Start

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 10:53:29 PDT

It's good to welcome newbies to this feature. Sorry it's not working smoothly for you.

As for logging, we need to get Java Web Start to report what it's doing since it, rather than GlassFish, is what's downloading the files. You might visit this page

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/deployment/deployment-guide/tracing_logging.html

and look for the section on Java Web Start (about half-way down on the page). It describes how to turn on Java Web Start tracing output of various types. Since downloading is of interest here, you might try turning on

TraceBasic=true
TraceNetwork=true
TraceCache=true

as a start, but I'm not sure what will give the best information for this problem.

The output will go to the Java Web Start trace file for the launch. That same web page tells where those files are, depending on which platform you use. It also has links to descriptions of how to turn on tracing. Be sure to turn on Java Web Start tracing and not logging.

And let us know what you find.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]