users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Application Client Web Start

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:00:29 PDT

Hi.

I haven't heard of similar problems from other people.

The file downloads occur over normal HTTP to a servlet that is running in the GlassFish server, so you might check the server.log file to see if any errors are reported there.

It is true that the files that need to be downloaded are more numerous and larger than we'd like, and we plan to address this in GlassFish V3. But those files, once downloaded the first time from a given server, should be reused for later app client launches.

Do you see any difference between the very first launch of an app client and the second or subsequent launch? (The large downloaded files will be reused for any app client launched from the same server.)

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]