users@glassfish.java.net

Re: webstart and desktop shortcut

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:33:14 PDT

Hi, Derek.

Currently, there is no way to do this.

I've alluded elsewhere to my strong desire to allow the developer to have extensive influence over the generated JNLP documents in a future release of GlassFish. But unfortunately it's not there now.

As a workaround (not a great one, I'll grant you), once Java Web Start has downloaded the client you can use

javaws -viewer

to launch the viewer which displays the downloaded apps. You can right-click on an application and choose "Install shortcuts."

Sorry there's no better technique right now.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]