users@glassfish.java.net

How to recreate session instead of NoSuchEJBException

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 15:56:44 PDT

I have an ejb3 web application built on Glassfish V2. When any piece of code in a session ejb throws an exception the session ejb instance is deleted (i guess this is according to spec.). How can I cause the session ejb instance to be retained or recreated when an exception that would kill it is thrown?

The reason I want this to happen is that for my application the session ejb really just provides convenience to the user and the data stored there is not critical and I would rather have the end user see a "reset" of the web interface rather than the resultant error page from a NoSuchEJBException.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kevin
[Message sent by forum member 'kdubb' (kdubb)]