users@glassfish.java.net

Application client container timeouts and retries.

From: Ryan J <ryan.j_at_vacode.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 09:32:40 -0600

Hi,

I'm running an application client using the application client
container. I'm wondering if there is a way for me to customize timeouts
and retries to the server.

If I load my application, disconnect the network and attempt to save an
EJB via a remote interface, it appears there is a 6(?) second timeout
followed by one retry. Is there a way for me to change this?

Also, if anyone has any tips for dealing with network failure in an
application client please share them. So far I've taken a very (very)
simple approach:

I make sure all network related operations are set up in a SwingWorker
and pass the SwingWorker to a higher level component that queues it for
execution and handles errors. My error handling isn't too sophisticated
yet. It consists of 'retry' and 'exit application'.

Ryan