users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Local EJBs on global JNDI namespace

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 12:56:00 PDT

Hi Danis,

That would help. Please explain what Java EE programming model improvements you'd like to see regarding access to component resources such as ejb references.

One area we know can be improved is access to such dependencies from utility classes.
The Java EE 5 environment annotations (@EJB, @Resource) are only required to be
supported on managed classes such as EJB bean classes, servlets, JSF managed bean,
etc. We've gotten a lot of feedback requesting equivalent annotation
support for any java classes in the application so that will be strongly considered for
Java EE 6.

If that were in place, any class used within a web or EJB application could use an
@EJB annotation to acquire a local EJB reference, without needing to worry about
assigning or matching up any global JNDI names.

 --ken
[Message sent by forum member 'ksak' (ksak)]