users@glassfish.java.net

Log file causing glassfish to crash

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 06:39:35 PDT

Hi,

Running glassfish UR1 P01 b02 on Solaris on a Sun T1000 and every now and then the process just exits. I can recreate the problem some times, but not others. Basically I will be viewing the output of the server.log file using a "tail -f server.log" command, and when I quit out of it the java process that glassfish is running under shuts down.

It's not a glassfish shutdown though as there are no shutdown messages in the server.log file plus it is quicker than that, but I don't think it is a crash either as it does take a couple of seconds for the java process to disappear from the prstat as if it is actually exiting.

It doesn't happen everytime I quit the tail command but only sometimes, but it is definitely that that causes it.

What could be causing this problem? Do I have some strange concurrency problem?

Thanks in advance,
Darren.
[Message sent by forum member 'xerces' (xerces)]