users@glassfish.java.net

How do I Configure Logging?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 19:12:47 PDT

I have a webapp running on Glassfish.

Can I configure different namespaces to log to different log files? Ideally, I'd like a "master" log file, that gets everything, and some specific log files that only get log messages from within specific namespaces.

In log4j, this is simple, but in java.util.logging, I don't see how this can be done. The configuration file format doesn't seem to handle this kind of scenario. Since, Glassfish uses java.util.logging, I'd like to stick with that if possible.

I know about Glassfish's logging web GUI, but I strongly prefer to use simple log files instead.

Any ideas?
[Message sent by forum member 'giesen' (giesen)]