users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Classloader Delegation Issue, Commons Logging

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 06:47:11 PDT

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

Looking at my installation directory, I see:

c:\javaee5\lib\com-sun-commons-logging.jar

And inside of that everything looks fine (e.g.: that jar won't conflict with my usage of commons logging).

However, I also see this:

c:\javaee5\lib\addons\
which contains:
 commons-logging.jar, in addition to a number of other third party jars such as beanutils, codec, collections, digester, lang, freemarker, and so on. All of those jars are on the Shared Classloader Chain.

Looking inside of those jars, they are using the original path info.

I'm currently doing my testing with Netbeans 5.5.1 beta (build 200702211400), and the build of the App Server is listed as 9.1 b33e-beta, which were distributed as part of the Java EE 1.5 Update 3 Preview 1. So possibly this is a packaging issue with that installation / release.

I'll check the latest glassfish download as well as the preview 2 (which includes Glassfish v2b2) which is currently on Sun's site to see if the issue is still present.

Thanks,

Gregg
[Message sent by forum member 'gefowler' (gefowler)]