users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JPA - entityManager.flush()

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 13:25:55 PDT

> So, I must use a JDBC connection? there's no way to
> modify entities and commit the changes at a specific
> time?

It depends on what do you want to accomplish. JDBC connection executed in the same transaction will give you the same result as entity.getMyValue(). In a "parallel" transaction, the connection won't see the not-yet-committed values. em.flush() is helpful when you [b]need[/b] to use a JDBC connection in the same transaction because of some specific application logic.

HTH,
-marina
[Message sent by forum member 'mvatkina' (mvatkina)]