users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RE: EJBQL Exception

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 14:07:16 PDT

Thanks much for your suggestions. It took me a while to implement the attributions as initially addition of the ManyToOne attribute caused the app server to hang. I eventually realized this was because the SelCat entity was referenced to the Seller entity only by its ID attribute (a String). I replaced this with an object reference, which resolved that problem.

If I may ask one follow up question, with regard to the Query (using your simplified suggestion) in the Java method, to reference the attribute in the joined table do I use dot notation (i.e. select s from Sellers where s.Selcat.selcatid = :selcatID)? I've been hunting for an answer in documentation and the web and can't seem to find one.

Thanks again,
Doug
[Message sent by forum member 'drscoville' (drscoville)]