users@glassfish.java.net

Re: New SwingX Login Dialog

From: Ron Monzillo <Ronald.Monzillo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 22:37:55 -0400

(sorry if you get this twice)

Miroslav,

I don't fully understand your use model (especially the relationship
between 4.3 and the username/password mechanism, but that may be
immaterial. Let me try to focus on your first question. Glassfish is the
reference implementation for jsr 196, which is the java authentication
spi for containers. The spec is in proposed final draft, and will soon
be submitted for finalization ballot.

Chapter 3 of the spec defines how to use the spi to add support for a
new authentication mechanism to a compatible servlet container.

The spec does not define interfaces for items 5 and 6 in your list;
however, it may be best to handle both by directing the user to interact
with an authentication service on which the application/servlet
container relies (such as an openSSO identity provider).

The 196 spec can be found at:

http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=196

Ron