users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JNDI resources/cluster nodes

From: Jason Nerothin <jasonnerothin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 23:23:57 -0700

Why not just run in clustered configuration, i.e. multiple app-servers, on
the same or different machines? In my experience (with clustering), the
rate-limiting thing is the amount of processor available to GF, not the
number of copies of code available to the app-server. The classloader isn't
going to care which JNDI tree your particular instance of some @Stateless
interface is coming from, right? It's just going to grab the "nearest" one
out of the cache. As long as the server thread is running on one CPU core,
it doesn't matter how many copies of your jar file you have lying around,
your requests are just going to logjam on the processor.

Just my 2cents...
Jason