users@glassfish.java.net

Re: appclient with non-local j2ee/ee5 appserver

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 13:34:44 PDT

thanks -- this is precisely what i needed to know; i failed to gleen from the appclient man page that the sun-acc.xml contained target server info -- and if ? i looked at it i didnt see it either.

to clarify what i have understand -- the sun-acc.xml can be customized to refer to a remote app server - i have tested now -- and it does.

also -- resource injections via annotations also work -- but occur before the app is run -- because injected resources need to be avail to the app at runtime.

and finally -- because netbeans redeploys apps -- the server -- if configured differently for the project -- must be running.

but in my case -- netbeans 5.5.1RC2 gives me errors with the remote server configured -- it appears to be trying to access some files as if app server install dir was c:\ instead of c:\sun\AS901B2 -- but the remote server isnt on my local machine -- because its remote.
[Message sent by forum member 'emiddio' (emiddio)]