users@glassfish.java.net

OT: solaris intl keyboard

From: Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <edson.richter_at_mgrinformatica.com.br>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 13:02:50 -0300

Hi, guys.

I know this is a Glassfish list, but I'm looking on how to build a
complete Sun platform for development.
This includes:

- Solaris x86 (10 11/06);
- NetBeans 5.5;
- JDK 1.5;
- Glassfish v2;
- JavaDB.

All stations will be using PCChips mother boards, Intel Processor,
NVidia vídeo cards 128Mb, 2GB ram, generic optical mouse and ABNT 2
keyboard (a standard on Brazil).

**The ridiculous part is I can't get keyboard working on Solaris!!!
Selecting another layout on Java Desktop Preferences just make no
difference (I'm using Xorg)!**

I already posted two messages on Solaris Forums, but no response!
I know there are several Sun people watching this list, so please - a
complete Sun platform for development is a interesting showcase, but
everything is blocked because a keyboard configuration - and the worse,
it's solved for years on Linux distros!!!
Already tryied a US-International keyboard (a old Brazilian standard),
but it don't enable accents (for example, 'a should be á).
All other pieces (softwares) are working like a charm...

I'll appreciate any help,

Edson Richter