users@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJBQL Exception

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 20:33:12 PDT

Thanks much for the suggestion. It took me a while to implement as initially addition of the ManyToOne attribute caused the app server to hang. I eventually realized this was because the SelCat entity was referenced to the Seller entity only by its ID attribute (a String). I replaced this with an object reference, which resolved that problem.

If I may ask one follow up question, to what entity does the name in the JoinColumn annotation refer? Should I list the name of the primary key of the SelCat entity or the name of the SelCat foreign key column in the Seller (or SelCat) SQL definition? I've been hunting for an answer in documentation and the web and can't find one.
[Message sent by forum member 'drscoville' (drscoville)]