users@glassfish.java.net

Re: appclient with non-local j2ee/ee5 appserver

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 11:04:29 PDT

OK -- command line appclient invocations do work with remote App Server; its the NetBeans 5.5.1RC1 that fail to "run" appclient remotely properly.

But from an Architecture view -- i'm looking for an answer to "why" the local App Server has to be "running" to successfully use "appclient" with dnloaded stubs/jar files from a different remote/non-local App Server?

I've tried this with simple jms clients -- where the ConnectionFactory and Queue are on the non-local App server ( and also on the local with AddressList property pointing to remote server) -- and with a simple "sayHello" web service deployed on the non-local server.

In both cases if i stop the local App Server then "appclient" invocations fail.

 -- yet i can talk to that same remote web service with a web client without the local App Server running. and i can/have built simple java apps that can/do also talk to the remote webservice without the local app server running.

So -- my fundamental questioin is why does appclient require a local app server to be running when the client to appserver is not attempting to use any local appserver resources ?

thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'emiddio' (emiddio)]