users@glassfish.java.net

Getting an EntityManagerSetupException while creating EM instance

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 09:06:54 PDT

Hi all,

I am trying to connect to Derby database.

I am getting EMF instance having the value of, oracle.toplink.essentials.threetier.ServerSession = null

The exception is thrown when i call emf.createEntityManager();

Any clue why I am getting such exception. Below I paste the exception trace.

With Regards,
Mayank

Exception Trace:

javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [TOPLINK-28013] (Oracle TopLink Essentials - 9.1 (Build b29)): oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException
Exception Description: Attempted to deploy PersistenceUnit [JPATestPU] for which predeploy method either had not called or had failed
at oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.EntityManagerSetupImpl.deploy(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:135)
at oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.base.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.getServerSession(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:78)
at oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.base.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManagerImpl(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:113)
at oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.base.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManagerImpl(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:107)
at oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:76)
[Message sent by forum member 'mayankmishra' (mayankmishra)]