users@glassfish.java.net

appclient with non-local j2ee/ee5 appserver

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 12:29:50 PDT

appclient works fine with my netbeans 5.5.1 and local AS 9.1 (build b41d-beta2) server.

but since you have to dnload client stubs/jar file to use an Ent App Client -- why cant appclient be used with client stub jar files dnloaded from from a server hosted on a different local network machine than the one i'm trying to run appclient on ?

i have deployed simple Ent App clients onto both a windows xp local machine -- where dev is done -- and the local networked Sun ultra5 Solaris 8.2 Sparc box - also running same AS9.1 version.

at this point i dont know if you should be able to - or if the j2ee/ee5 architecture forbids it.

it just doesnt work for me. is this a bug with my dev tools or EE5 or just not allowed.

thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'emiddio' (emiddio)]