users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Dynamic role handling

From: Miroslav Nachev <miro_at_space-comm.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 06:57:49 -0700 (PDT)

I have the same problem also.

I need to have dynamic set of groups and roles for each user depending of
the
selected (current) object. This is similar to the real world where one
person
have different permissions (groups and roles) depending on that where is:
own
company, shop, cinema, partner company, home, etc.
When I read the rules for GlassFish AS I see that the groups are loaded
statically only at Login (authenticateUser()) procedure (method):
    String[] grpList;
    // populate grpList with the set of groups to which
    // _username belongs in this realm, if any
    return commitUserAuthentication(_username, _password, _currentRealm,
grpList);

Can you add such functionality which is not conflicting with existing one
because when the current object is NULL we have existing situation?

In my opinion the existing Realm realization is principal, but in the real
world
we need of more practical realization where one man is the "Manager" when is
in
own company and in the same time he is "Viewer" at the museum.

Any suggestions?