users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Creating a new virtual server

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 13:39:19 PDT

I managed to get it to work. It was mostly a matter of understanding the role of Virtual Server vs HTTP Listener.

The first problem was the fact that I had my main EAR deployed against the generic "server" instance that comes pre-configured in a default domain. Since this instance listens to "everything", that's where the core of the original conflict occured.

I created a single VS, but listening to multiple hosts (rather than one host per VS), and then redeployed my main EAR against that listener.

Then I created a second VS for my specific web site host, listening to two different hosts (example.com,www.example.com), and placed my files at the docroot specified by the VS, and everything worked perfectly.

All of these are tied to the single http-listener-1, which listens on Port 80 for all IPs.

I did find some other issues, but they're minor and I'll file RFE's for those.

Thanx again.
[Message sent by forum member 'whartung' (whartung)]