users@glassfish.java.net

Pass string data inside xml any tag to a web service in JAX-WS

From: LMass <lovelinamassand_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 10:07:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hello
I have used netbeans5.5 to create web service client from a wsdl and xsd
file. Here is a part of xsd schema :
  <xsd:complexType name="extensible">
   <xsd:sequence>
      <xsd:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax" minOccurs="0"
        maxOccurs="unbounded" />
    </xsd:sequence>
    <xsd:anyAttribute namespace="##other" processContents="lax" />

I need to pass some String data or XML data inside this extensible tag to
the web service.

I have written the following code inside jsp page :
       extensible extn = new extensible();
        String newItem="<test/>";
        extn.getAny().add(newItem);

But on running the client application i get the following error:
javax.xml.bind.MarshalException - with linked exception:
[com.sun.istack.SAXException2: unable to marshal type "java.lang.String" as
an element because it is missing an @XmlRootElement annotation]

extension class is created correctly inside the client on compiling the
code.
Pls help me I am new to JAX-WS and webservices.