users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Major Application client frustrations

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 13:11:33 PDT

Hi Ryan,

to answer the technical part of your message: the ORB in Glassfish' app client container lives in a different package than the one shipped with Java Standard Edition. com.sun.corba.ee.impl.orbutil.ORBConstants is the correct classname, and that is the one used.

It is hard to understand that there are two implementations of CORBA, one being in the Java Standard Edition and another, from what I understand completely separated one as part of the client container. Nevertheless, this has already been answered on various mailing lists and is for (again, my understanding, I may be wrong) historical reasons.

Florian.
[Message sent by forum member 'florianbruckner' (florianbruckner)]