users@glassfish.java.net

problem when starting GF

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 03:24:59 PDT

HI

I've downloaded and installed V2-b41a, JDK is 1.6.0-b105, SO is Solaris 10x86.

after installed I've run the ant -f setup.xml command

and all seem to work correctly but when I try to start the appserver I get an error.

it seems to be due to a wrong instanceRoot variable setting:

# asadmin start-domain domain1
Starting Domain domain1, please wait.
Log redirected to /var/appserver/domains/domain1/logs/server.log.
/var/appserver/domains is not a directory
CLI156 Could not start the domain domain1.

consider that /var/appserver is not the correct installation directory at all

any idea to fix this problem?
[Message sent by forum member 'aleoncini' (aleoncini)]