users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can't start Glassfish using Solaris 10 SMF

From: kedar <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 22:46:08 -0700

On Apr 3, 2007, at 10:24 PM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

> I'm running svcadm from root. I don't know what user the smf will
> start under (I'm not super familiar with it). But I will try that
> and see if it starts to work. That makes good sense.

Hi whartung,

Can you please try to have a domain with a port other than 80, first?
Like Binod said, it is correct that we have to use the netaddr_priv,
but if
- the domain's owner (the OS user who owns domain's folder) is root, and
- you are doing everything as root,

there shouldn't be any problem and you should be able to use domain with
port and you do have special privileges.

Alternatively, if you do want to use the port 80, can you add the
following option
to domain.xml and see if it works:
<jvm-options> com.sun.enterprise.server.ss.ASQuickStartup=false </jvm-
options>

I vaguely remember the "conflict on port xxxx" message ...

Please let me know if this works.

Regards,
Kedar

PS - Glad that you like SMF integration