users@glassfish.java.net

Appclient, ejb-jar.xml and SEVERE log messages when starting client.

From: Ryan J <ryan.j_at_vacode.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 17:54:40 -0600

Hi,

I'm running an application using the application client container and
I'm getting messages like the following in my logs on the client side:

> SEVERE: "DPL8015: Invalid Deployment Descriptors in Deployment descriptor file META-INF/ejb-jar.xml in archive [sma-ejb.jar].
> Line 18 Column 48 -- cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: 'ejb/ConnectionTester' is not a valid value for 'NMTOKEN'."
> Apr 23, 2007 5:37:55 PM com.sun.enterprise.deployment.node.SaxParserHandler error
> SEVERE: "DPL8015: Invalid Deployment Descriptors in Deployment descriptor file META-INF/ejb-jar.xml in archive [sma-ejb.jar].
> Line 18 Column 48 -- cvc-complex-type.2.2: Element 'ejb-name' must have no element [children], and the value must be valid."

Everything seems to work ok, but I'd like to figure out what's going on.
 I'm using Glassfish v2 build 41a. I am NOT including an ejb-jar.xml
with my EJB modules, so the one that ends up in my client-stubs is
server generated.

I have a ConnectionTesterBean that is annotated with:

@Stateless(name = "ejb/ConnectionTester")

and has a single method getTrue() that returns true. I also have a
matching remote interface.

Can anyone give me an idea of where to start looking?

Ryan