users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF2-v41 + JDK 1.6 + PostgreSQL 8.2 problems, as seen in issue 1522

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 10:37:54 PDT

Nono, I was a bit unclear. The point is that, if I understand the problem, GF always seems to think I've loaded JDBC 4 drivers, and tries to call JDBC 4 methods on my JDBC 3 drivers, and all exceptions are not equal.

PostgreSQLs JDBC 4 drivers throw a "org.postgresql.util.PSQLException, (...) xxxxxx() is not yet implemented" for all JDBC 4 methods, which GF catches, and continues processing normally. This gives me the page correctly anyhow, but a lot of gunk in server.log unless I up the loglevel. But with the JDBC 3 drivers there's no stub that throws an exception, and instead the JVM (IIUC) throws a java.lang.AbstractMethodError, which GF doesn't seem to catch, and the browser gets a HTTP 503 (I think) with the exception on.
[Message sent by forum member 'thormick' (thormick)]