users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can't get JDBCRealm to work with MySQL

From: Shing Wai Chan <Shing-Wai.Chan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:56:56 -0700

I have just tried this locally with the latest GlassFish and MySQL.
It is working fine to me. The key is to setup the ConnectionPool"correctly".
Using the "ping" functionality in admin GUI is not sufficient to verify
that the ConnectionPool is ok.
According to doc in the MySQL JDBCDriver doc, the property name are:
servedrName, port, databaseName, user, password. Please remove other
extra properties as this may cause some issues.
I am in the process of writing a blog to show all the details.