users@glassfish.java.net

Re: java process ending

From: Scott Oaks <Scott.Oaks_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:57:28 -0400

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 11:45, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

> VM_Operation (0x24abef70): full generation collection, mode: safepoint, requested by thread 0x085c6000

So the JVM crashed while doing a full gc -- which is a bug in the JVM
(unless you have installed native code into the appserver, in which case
the native code may have corrupted the memory). I'd file a bug against
the JVM.

In the meantime, try running with a somewhat smaller heap -- maybe
1600m. Also I see that you're using the -client compiler, which is what
we enable by default for the developer profile on the assumption that
startup is most important to developers. For the work you're doing,
sounds like you should switch to the server compiler (change the -client
to -server in the jvm options).

-Scott