users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Application deployment order

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 08:34:22 PDT

Hi,

When the applications are deployed in the wrong order e.g. Application 2, then Application 1
the only exceptions I get are from the servlet context listener of application 2 when it fails to locate the EJBs in JNDI that it calls when the app starts. The context listener isn't vital to the application so I can take it out. I've tried taking out the context listener but that isn't causing the problem so the server just starts up without throwing any exceptions. The servlet context class is the only thing that does anything on startup as the other servlet init methods just add an entry in the log4j log.

The funny thing is that the servlet filters get loaded any as I try and go to the URL where the servlets should be all I can see is an entry in the log4j log telling me that the servlet got called.

It's worth also adding that the applications deploy fine when deployed on their own, so if I just deploy application 1 then I get no problems, and if I just deploy application 2 I get no problems, and as my original post, if I deploy them in the order application 1 then application 2 I get no problems.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Darren.
[Message sent by forum member 'xerces' (xerces)]