users@glassfish.java.net

Re: java process ending

From: Scott Oaks <Scott.Oaks_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:37:24 -0400

It could be (but hopefully isn't!) that the Java virtual machine is
crashing. If that's the case, then in the domains/domain1/config
directory there will be a file called hs_err_pid which will have
information on what caused the JVM to crash. [At least with standard
JVMs -- I'm assuming CentOS just runs Sun's standard Linunx JVM?]

The JVM should never crash, so if that's what's happened, you should
file a bug against the JVM. Most often, crashes are caused by memory
issues -- have you changed the JVM configuration options in your domain?
If so, you may need to reduce the heap size. But it will really depend
on what the error file tells us.

-Scott